Monday, May 12, 2014

I LISTEN: The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry


Thank you Jim Broadbent for the lovely reading of Rachel Joyce's lovely story.

If you are feeling IN A RUT and DOWN, it's time to pick up (or listen to, in my case) THIS BOOK.

Lately I have been reading/listening to books that I know nothing about except that they come highly rated.  I was shocked at where this book went.  It was amazing.

Spoiler Alert: there is cancer (which I hate) but the subject matter is redeemed with some of the most lovely writing about cancer and it's various ends, that I did not stay mad at Ms. Joyce for long...in fact I think I shed a little tear at that part.

So, go read it!

3 comments:

  1. Yours is the second highly recommended review I've read lately, although the other person read it. I'm glad you liked the audio, that's probably what I'll do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long-time lurker here. I was at Dollar Tree tonight (I think that's what it's called) and noticed your picture in a picture frame. I think I may have been following your blog for way too long:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I left a comment last night about seeing you in a picture frame but I don't see it here. Regardless, I thought later you might think that was a weird thing to say so I should clarify that I LITERALLY saw a picture of you (some sort of stock photo) as advertising in a picture frame. In fact there were two pictures - one on each side - but I can't remember if you were in both. In the one I remember you were with a guy and small girl. The girl could have possibly been your daughter.

    ReplyDelete